Friday, November 14, 2008

Waiting for Baby(ies

I have no concrete ground/first-hand-experience to base the following presumptions on:

Waiting to have a baby must suck!? It has got to be like waiting to get out of the hospital (I suppose in theory it may literally be just that)...bad analogy.

It has got be like the internal turmoil of a 9 year old adolescent during the month of December....at that age, with that much Christmas music constantly bombarding your senses day in and day out (*there is a post soon coming about Christmas music/commercials), the Advent calendar has been ransacked of chocolates beneath the numbers 14-24 by the 12th of the month, and all presents have been shaken, lifted, and anaylzed at least 5 times a day.

Side note: unless your childhood was like mine, where presents weren't put under the tree until like 2 days before Christmas---what a jip!!

Back to babies. I'm not going to elaborate on what it is/takes to undergo 9 months of a person growing inside of you, let alone the process of getting that person out of you.... but I have a friend who's having a baby--Soonish. Very soonish. Days. Hours. And I constantly catch myself, double checking for text/picture messages on my cell phone---and my battery has never been below 2 bars for the past 2 weeks.

*Baby talk makes people weird...and I have noooooo desire to have any of my own at this time---but dammit I bet this baby is going to be beautiful. I want pictures. Now. And I'm tired of waiting. Today, I am THAT 9 Year Old.

No comments: