HAHAHA... (in my groggy state from the previous post I failed---maybe intentionally--to include details)
...and as we departed our separate ways, she to my boss' car and I to my father's rickety-multiple-accident-survivor-of-a-Ford-pick-up-truck on a side street, she threw out a "It was nice to meet you, Jackson." *Dude. How rude of me?!
I coyly, peeked my face back around the corner of the building and returned sentiment with a smile and "Pleasure was mine.." *You're a moron Jackson.
[walking toward me]
"I feel like I should kiss you, since you've never kissed an Asian..."
[to my boss]
"Yeah, he's never kissed an Asian.."
And what on earth could I do and say in the moment, but submarine myself with that ridiculous scrambling-smile and an, "I don't know...I think you'll have to work a little harder than that to earn my first Asian kiss..." *As previously mentioned, You're a moron Jackson.
It was at that moment that I came out of the coherent-communication-clouding dream world I had been floating through the past 2 hours.... and stage whispered aloud, "You're an idiot Jackson!?" Yes it's true. I effin' talk to myself in tense moments...Thank god she wasn't in earshot.
So I desperately tagged on, "But I'll be in the Cities the 22nd and 23rd..." And in truth I would/will be...
And as she and my boss opened the doors to their ride of departure, she began to play hard to get, retreating with a forced, "Ohh?! No, you had your chance mister.. " :o)
*OKAY. so the combination of these two posts likely don't depict the entire story.
Like the fact that I picked up her tab, or that earlier in the night my boss had brought up the subject of Asian babies, and that she wants one, and that Miss-3L-Hamline and myself should work on that....[though we unanimously agreed that Asian babies are by far the most-adorable/cutest/most-attractive babies of all ethnicities] Or that my boss had also said, "So see, she can be the main provider while you are at culinary school, and her law career is taking off, and then you two can...[insert conversation about Asian babies and the two of us having them]..."
I don't necessarily believe in kissing on first dates, nor am I opposed to it, [and in this instance] nor do I necessarily believe in kissing on first introductions....nor am I opposed to it.
Let's face the facts: *You're a moron Jackson. A funny one. A nice one. A likeable moron. And you need some practice at getting phone numbers...but you're not a complete loss. Just a little whimsy. And you do have nice hair, and great hygiene and smell-superb even when you work out.
C'est la vie, Miss-3L-Hamline...c'est la vie...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i enjoy how specific you are when you compliment yourself. lol. see last paragraph.
Post a Comment