So I went to the Twin Cities this past weekend to watch the Hawkeye-Gopher football game. The last Gopher game in the Metrodome.
What I witnessed, was tragic. Sad. Embarassing...and I loved every second of the 55-0 drumming the Hawkeyes put on the Gophers. HERE's to YOUm, y many Minnesotan friends who constantly give me the razz-matazz for being from Iowa and thus apparently not as cool or as "good" of a human as they are. Congratualtions on your 4 game losing streak to close out your season Gophers... College football. Who cares about it. Me.
Meanwhile. The Hawks are looking forward to a warm weather bowl game... Do I enjoy savoring this horrifically beautiful loss for the Gophers? Do I enjoy recalling the streams of maroon and gold clad Gopher fans heading forlornly to the aisles and exits midway through the 3rd quarter? Yes. Yes I do.
Not enjoyable:
Entering the Metrodome last night, I was standing in line with what felt like a million other fans, the majority being Hawkeye Faithfuls, and the 5 other guys I went to the game with. "For some reason unknown to me," the 5 of them managed to walk right through the security and ticket takers no fuss. I on the other hand was forced to empty all of my coat and jean pockets, the entire contents of my wallet, and got patted down head to toe. Apparently I fit the profile of a suspicious/dangerous individual. I kid you not, that really happened. Racial Profiling? It's really hard to say for certain. At any rate, it was uncomfortable and made me LATE to the opening kickoff. AND THAT made me MAD.
Summation of Weekend:
--Awesome time in downtown Minny with 1000s of Happy Hawkeye fans amidst a sea of embarrased Gopher followers, altogether drinking away the awful/glorious memories of the game earlier in the night.
www.the508mpls.com
www.solera-restaurant.com
--A temporary fulfillment and subsiding in the hunger pangs for Korean food the past 2 months
http://mirrorofkorea.com/
--A Menu squared away for Thanksgiving--HOORAY!
--A peek into TC Real-Estate...eesh.
http://www.skyscapecondos.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment