Thursday, June 17, 2010

So much privilege...

Gulp.

I was given a large sum of money today in the mail. How did it come to be this family, and these relatives? Why me? How did it come to be?

I guess the best answer is just going to be vague: "It's the world I live in." It feels like a lazy cop-out from attempted reasoning, but part of me is 85% convicted by it. That was supposed to be semi-funny.

Anyways...I feel very fortunate. And I have a couple of options how to utilize this gift. Part of it may go towards my car loan, another portion towards my savings and ROTH IRA (never too early to start thinking about having my own private place in the Carribean years down the road....or Lake Como, Italy....or Cape Town..) and then a bit for more immediate expenses. Golfing. A long over due massage...

And still some towards a career oriented move of some sorts... or a trip to the Motherland. much to contemplate.

s

No comments: