Sunday, June 13, 2010

haze...

I had a shit of a work day today...... it did not end well. Actually a shit of a week in general.... my life is very weird and challenging right now. I feel unprepared and unsure of what I'm doing. Sometimes daily. I can't quiet my mind and my thoughts...and consequently my seIlf prognosis-acute-insomnia has been keeping my eyes red and my body fatigued due to only a couple hours of sleep a night.

So after a shit week and a shit day of work....I resorted to my old coping mechanism...I went running in the rain.....for 2 hours...

It might not sound healthy....but it felt good.

And tonight---I watched Forrest Gump, one of my all time favorite movies ever. I find such a connection with it's story lines...It reminded me of why Love is something worth looking for. Because watching Tom Hanks cry--talking to his wife's grave--after recently finding he was a father, ties the mystery and the internal pain of my own life to something tangible.

Knowing that I'm not the only person who has ever stood in front of a headstone, listened to the birds and the wind in the trees...talking to the blades of grass at my feet. Asking big questions knowing the only response I'll get is the wind...

Story and parallels aside, it's a wonderfully made movie from a critical standpoint. And my night is just a little better now....


No comments: