Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blogging Drought

Wow--- 2 weeks slipped by unblogged... Blogging and I are such a weird pairing.

If I don't blog for awhile, it actually feels really nice (because an absence is generally due to chaotic work & thus over-all fatigue which diverts me from the mental strain of putting up a coherent post). But then, I feel bad, guilty even, for Not blogging. It's like those first couple years of not putting out cookies and milk for Santa Claus on Christmas eve. You've developed these routines/traditions/patterns and an awareness that it's not a necessity makes their absence a big freakin' relief, but at the same time you feel like you're an idle, stagnant, being.

Okay perhaps that was a bit excessive, but the general analogy applies.

Spring is creeping up, and I can't wait.
I had a date with Hot Stones last Wednesday, and it was possibly one of the best 2 hour segments of my life. My recipe book is steadily amassing.

Work has been...mmm..lucrative. And my boss at the restaurant threw out the word Salary to me the other day. And I froze. *It is tempting. And extremely frustrating.*

My desire to move, explore, travel, and continue learning has basically climbed out of my stomach, out my mouth, and now follows me around daily. But the thought of a steady income (that of which is much higher than my combined hourly Wages---which presently aren't anything to gripe about either) and Kitchen hours basically say "Promotion" to me. Meh.

Lastly, I'm not Irish. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Nice to have you back.
:)