Sunday was "full" in every sense. A busy brunch crowd had me at work from 7:30-2 p.m.
33 minutes later my parents, a friend, and myself were on the road to Rochester. I had made the conscious decision not to eat anything all day other than a piece of toast before the shift got crazy---although I took part in the kitchen staff's weekly Sunday-Red-Bull-Slam-Off (which I win every week thank you very much).
We met my aunt and uncle downtown for an early Happy hour and Appetizers at the Radisson's (soon to be a Double Tree) newly opened Pescara. Co-owned by Pat Woodring and Scott Foster. Names sound familiar? Hello Twin Cities black hole---> the guys also have opened Joey Nova's and Hazellewood Grill and Tap Room.
Pescara's drinks were solid, Sunday business was minimal and we basically had the place to ourselves. Everything was that brand, spankin' new, sparkling, clean lines....very chic, modern interior design by a New Yorker who has helped Pat with all of his restaurant endeavors. Pescara sources their menu by flying in fresh seasonal fish, as well as local and regional markets. The Ahi tuna tartare was ridiculously good....roasted sesame oil, fried wantons (for texture), soy sauce, red pepper, and avocado.... Texture was SPOT ON. So much balance, pickled ginger to cleanse the palate, wasabi on the side....who needs it. The plate itself was molded into a tower of 5 distinct layers (likely with the help of a cylindrical biscuit cutter as the mold) three layers of the tartare symmetrically split by 2 layers of diced avacado.
I'd have no complaints if I was forced to eat it every meal for the rest of my life. That good. That Fresh.
Plating--> elegant.
** more to come on my dining adventure!!!!!!---> off to a wine and cheese tasting....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment