When I was 8, my mom threw a birthday party for me. We invited all my friends and their moms over.
I was huge into Dinosaurs----like freakishly into Dinosaurs. I had a gigantic dino-covered comforter on my bed, and sheets. I collected little plastic toys, made "homes" and environments for them out of arts and crafts....I read all of the books the local public library had on them...ALL of them. I of course had a Dinosaur themed birthday cake. It was chocolate cake with a double layered chocolate and white frosting. Long story short, I had likely already eaten too much pop & chips, and the birthday cake put my little tummy over the top in embarrassing fashion....
Ever since throwing up my own birthday cake in front of all my friends [and their horrified mothers] I've always been a bit cautious toward eating chocolate. It's not an allergy, well--maybe it is--but I think it's mostly the quantity I have issues with. I'll eat it, and I can eat it...and I actually enjoy it every now and then; just in small portions.
Well February is like the pinnacle of Chocolate-month (and December is close behind). Those darn holidays, Christmas, and Valentines Day, and what not. So lately I've had chocolate on my mind. Last Saturday I made 3 dozen Chocolate Covered Strawberries to take for my co-workers at the restaurant. They were bombtastically luxurious. pictures to come shortly...
And in that vein, here are a few incredible Chocolate retailers/distributors' websites. I like to browse them and just get lost in their dreamy pictures and color schemes.... it's almost as good as eating their product. Everything from solid bars, box sets, truffles, chocolate covered fruits, and cocoa powders.... indulge:
http://www.franschocolates.com/home.php
http://www.kekau.com/
http://www.recchiuti.com/index.html
http://www.moonstruckchocolate.com/
http://www.mariebelle.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment