It sounds weird, but I like earning my paychecks. A slow night behind a bar is perhaps one of the most excruciating things ever....(well I could think of much more frustrating and painfully agonzing things, but to list them all would be overkill). "Slow" and "forgetful" were not options for a night in the restaurant industry like we had tonight....Tonight, I got slaughtered behind the bar.....it was a brutal night of work---mostly because my co-bartender wasn't moving nearly as fast as he needed to be, nor thinking nearly as quickly as he should have been based on the constant stream of new drink orders between both the restaurant and bar patrons from 6:15-9:30. My shoulders and back feel like I got hit by a truck...literally....like I was put through a cement wall. My feet are sore and my brain is like jello.....at one point tonight I kept track of 14 different, consecutive drinks (cocktails, beer, & wine). It was during this same 4 minute window in my evening that my Co-Tender went to chat with some people who were dining and drinking in the lounge.
On another night, I might not have cared---but since I'd been doing all of my work plus half of his the past 2 hours his decision to go shmooze with our customers was not seen in positive light.
On another note, the owners were out for the evening and no-where to be found at the 'Yat. Instead they were enjoying celebratory cocktails after winning Small Business of the Year awarded to them by their fellow Chamber Members. Dam. I hope my restaurant racks up the accolades like Kim and Andy have in their 1st year of business.
What's that??? Oh, sorry----my back and shoulders are screaming at me, but it's okay--my brain isn't functioning anyways....a ridiculous night bartending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment