Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Tuesday Unlike Others

"Continual Pleasant Surprises" would be the best way to summarize this day, January 13, 2009.

I haphazardly hit my alarm this morning, subconsciously knowing I sh
ould have gotten up but, none the less, tugged the comforter up over my head scrunched into a ball and slept on to try and finish a dream I'd been in the middle of.

Pleasant Surprise #1: (9:18 A.M.) I woke up just about an hour and a half later without a 2nd alarm, plopped back into reality as the credits and "The End" began to roll across the completion of my dream. Blinked my eyes, double checked my phone, thought, "Wow--that dream was so good, if there were a sequel I would have been late to work," and got up, made toast and jam, showered and even made it to the bank and ran a few errands before 10. Yes!

Fast Forward 3 hours.
Pleasant Surprise #2: (12:22 P.M.) I receive a call from my other boss confirming me to bar tend for a Chamber [of Commerce] Member event hosted at the restaurant this evening. Excellent. These are typically downtown business owners and they all don't mind pumping some more money into one another's respective businesses. And I was the fortunate beneficiary from this. $75 in tips + Wage. It's no lottery, but it's $75 in tips + Wage that I wouldn't have had otherwise...and for that I am pleasantly surprised. Besides. Even that amount of money can Stretch a Very Long ways in a given circumstance. 4 words---> Third World Exchange Rate.

Fast Forward 7 and a half hours.
Pleasant Surprise #3: (7:45 P.M.) I'm invited out for dinner at a different restaurant with my bosses (spreading business within the community) and we end up meeting my OTHER employers there. And we all have a great time. And then my boss picks up the bill. And I'm just wowed.

So nice. So kind. So entertained.

Also. I got new shoes in the mail today...I ordered them. And while I was a little upset they came from California instead of from a Mall/warehouse located somewhere out of the Midwest perhaps---I'm happy they're here! And Now my feet won't be cold!!!! But I'll still wear my Adidas....I've had them since 10th grade, and I really can't part with them....

No comments: