Sunday, December 28, 2008

Oh Sunday---What a day...

Mmmkay. Cut to the chase:

I woke up quite early this morning---Brunch shift @ the 'Yat. LONG day. Where do all these people COME FROM?!?!? And WHY does everyone have to eat between 11:31 and 12:13 ???? WOW.

I lived--it actually wasn't that painful at all. What was and is painful---this ginormous burn that extends the circumference of my right arm from the wrist and lower palm to my elbow. If you could see the blisters.....mmm photo booth tomorrow. Note to Self. The color is...a site.

I feel hot. I'm going with a 2nd degree burn. The Minimalist Story approach:

Soak sink. Suds on top. The drain 18 inches below the surface. 1 sterile glove and ninja reflexes that weren't nearly ninja-y enough....

the wise cook would have grabbed an empty 1/2 gallon container and simply removed hot water until the drain could be reached with tongs, perhaps even running cold water when there was only 5 or 6 inches of water left.

Obviously my brain was clipping along at a bit faster pace than my common sense.
I was tailed by a psycho-path from Zumbrota to I-494. I got to Jordan and Jeanette's house. A brief Christmas was had (minus Jeanette who was @ work) in which a bottle of gin and some books were passed from one set of hands to another. A short trip to Houlihan's ensued followed by catching up, NFL follies, and cook talk.

Cook talk with Jordan is great. Our restaurant of the future will be a Ring-A-Ding-Dinger...promise.

No comments: