Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cleansed!

How can it be summed up? Only one way:

Wonderful!

I needed this break so badly. SO badly. A MONDAY, without work!?!?!?!? COMPLETELY FREE.

It was glorious. Really. I spent it holding a 5 and a half week old baby *(SOOO beautiful), eating (multiple times, and always in great company) shopping, commuting (Which I have this super quirky satisfaction from....City driving...I don't know why, but I LOVE IT!!!!), and catching up.

My "Christmas Vacation" up here in the TC area has reminded me of who's important in my life. Good people. Honest people. Loving people. Joyful people. Connected people. Adventurous people. Brave people. Entertaining people.

It makes me realize how much I miss them, and how incomplete my life in Decorah presently is. These are people that I need in my life. That I love and cheerish and admire.....that I will give much more efffort in communication with. Today, tonight, this mini-adventure-----it's been the perfect timing, the perfect reminder, the perfect cleansing interaction that I have needed and wanted for a very long time.

Safe travels to the bold, beautiful, and beloved.

No comments: