Friday, December 5, 2008

Jingle Jingle Jingle... :o)

It occurred to me tonight, while I was making a Candy Cane Martini, that I am pretty dam good at what I do. And even though I confidently blurt out answers when I'm asked "where" and "how" I learned to bartend, I have to wonder myself sometimes...."how the heck do I do this?"

Then I remember the stack of magazines in my room of Gourmet, Bon Apetit, and Wine Spectator, and the 3 different folders of Bookmarks on my Firef
ox browser that are chalk full of cocktail recipes, and links to websites, forums, etc. ranging from estate vineyards, to brewing, and successfull Google Search hits.

And then remember the notebooks I have tested myself with, reciting and writing recipes from memory until they literally are "memorized"....proportions, ingredients, and mixing steps, as well as glasses, garnishes etc...

Oiy. I will say this: I like it when my pockets jingle and my wallet bulges... :o) Which is why I'll love this weekend.

Do I miss Christmas At Luther?? Umm....not a whole lot actually. I've seen/been in this big production for the past 10 years of my life....annnnnnd it's streak that would have been neat to maintain, but I need a break. I'll watch the edited and recorded version 3 or 4 times in a few weeks.... PBS Dec. 22 9 P.M. C.S.T. Check it out.

Oh...and how could I forget:

Introducing the one and only: Norman.

No comments: