Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Staying Busy".... a danger?

I have not slept "well" for many days now...it started in December actually. My mind constantly wanders back to my trip in 2006... I'm sad and happy, and sick with nausea...like part of me is missing, but ironically completely full. Is it jealousy? I suppose in part.


I've been reading the blog of these new Namibia/South Africa Singers from Luther. Part of me wants to comment on every post, and to raid their Facebook profiles and email addresses.... and part of me knows that I have to step back..and let this be Their Trip.

Part of me wants to leave a post on their blog that says something to the effect of, " Enjoy your time abroad....but remember that this is Yours to keep. Do not feel ashamed or afraid to with-hold information from all of your familial followers and online admirers." (The blog was created mostly as a means to keep in contact with parents, spouses, etc. )

And part of me knows that blogging and writing about those happenings NEEDS to take place....to be able to process those dramatic, emotional events.

I hope and pray that their voices are safe and healthy, and their bodies find a way to rejuvenate every night....and their hearts and minds are filled with a love that leaves and replenishes..

sigh.

No comments: