I just saw AVATAR in 3D. I thought it was amazing. I will be the proud owner the second it comes out on DVD.
In relation: The soundtrack was phenomenal. Phenomenal. At one point in my life, I was a crazy soul with ambitions and intentions of making a career out of writing soundtracks. Film-score school and studies, living out in Hollywood, flying across the world for recording gigues and world premiers etc. I had the ear. The mind. And was honing the technical abilities.
Some days I still wonder "what if" about that life. And I never allow myself to completely shut out the notion or the possibility.
I have been given the gifts of a mind bestowed with an insatiable hunger for stories...
an ear for the sounds of the world which is the reality we live in daily as well as that which exists only in our imaginations...
and a heart that knows and believes in the awesome power and beauty that results when story and sound wrap themselves together before our eyes.
I think I would make a great film score composer...
awaiting Christmas...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment